LAANE is seeking a motivated, personable, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to social justice, to join the development team as a full-time Development Associate and help with strategy, implementation and maintenance of its private fundraising program. LAANE’s development team is responsible for fundraising over $1.3 million annually in unrestricted funds to support LAANE’s work. This is a great opportunity to join an expert and creative team of development strategists. The Development Associate works closely with a team of three and reports directly to the Director of Development.
● Identifying, sustaining and cultivating prospective and current donors
● Working closely with the organization’s leadership and Advisory Board Members to develop cultivation plans
● Managing and organizing all aspects of fundraising events
● Managing collaborative projects with various organization departments
● Providing accurate and timely fundraising reports
● Overseeing donor database
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum five years work experience preferred
● Alignment with the LAANE organizational values
● Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice
● Excellent analytical, written, verbal, communications, problem-solving, and computer skills
● Proactive, motivated self-starter who thrives in a team setting
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Able to work cross-functionally with various teams to meet department goals
● Ability to build deep and genuine relationships with various stakeholders, and a comfort level with a wide variety of sectors that make up the world of fundraising, including the world of philanthropy
● Positive attitude, curiosity, and flexibility
● Fearless, strategic, and innovative approach to marketing LAANE’s work and the team
brand, and to coming up with new ways to network and fundraise
● Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail, in order to assist the team with
year-long fundraising campaigns
● Experience in donor cultivation and fundraising
● Experience with technology platforms, including WordPress, donor database management and email marketing applications (EveryAction)
● Past project management experience
● Past live event production experience
● Fundraising certification a plus
Please note this job description provides an overview of the position but is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
This is a full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week with some evenings and weekends. Starting salary is $65,000 with generous benefits, including covering full health benefit premiums (health and dental), time off, and a 401k plan with an employer contribution. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email cover letter, resume and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Include “Development Associate” and full name in the subject line.