Raise funds for a dynamic coalition of parents, students and community members at the leading edge of a movement to dramatically increase funding for Los Angeles public schools and combat the privatization of the school system. Reclaim Our Schools Los Angeles (ROSLA) is seeking a Fundraiser to help the coalition increase its funding base, primarily from foundations and major donors, over the next six months. Working in partnership with the Los Angeles teachers’ union, ROSLA is also campaigning to expand the Community Schools model, as a way to ensure that all children in Los Angeles have access to a high-quality education.
Organization: ROSLA is anchored by the Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE), Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE), Schools LA Students Deserve (SLASD), and United Teachers of Los Angeles (UTLA). ROSLA played a pivotal role during the January 2019 Los Angeles teacher’s strike, as parent and student leaders joined teachers in calling for great schools for all, not some.
The Position: ROSLA is seeking to contract with a professional Fundraiser to develop and carry out at six-month fundraising program, working with the ROSLA Coordinator and Steering Committee.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a six-month fundraising plan and goals, approved by the Steering Committee
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Create and maintain a database (or simple spreadsheet) that includes: funder contact information, key areas of interest, application process, attempts to communicate with them, results, any contact written or verbal, and proposed next steps
- Contact and build relationships with prospective donors
- Secure meetings for ROSLA leaders with prospective donors
- Write appropriately tailored Letters of Interest for prospective funders and submit no fewer than five per month
- Write grant proposals as needed
- Provide monthly reports that include number of potential funders identified, contact attempts to prospective donors and results, number of LOI’s submitted, number of meetings secured, number of proposals submitted, number and amount of grants secured or promised.
- Excellent writing skills
- Deep commitment to, and ability to effectively represent, ROSLA’s mission and goals
- High level of organization and self-direction in order to meet monthly and overall contract targets
- Fundraising experience preferred
Compensation: Negotiable, depending upon the experience of the applicant.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and writing sample in a single file (PDF or MS Word) document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email Subject Heading, include “ROSLA Fundraising Position.”