LONG BEACH RISING! is a civic engagement coalition of local organizations promoting civic participation, alliance building, voter engagement, and community organizing amongst communities historically marginalized from the political process in Long Beach. Long Beach Rising is convened by Long Beach Forward and The Long Beach Coalition for Good Jobs and a Healthy Community, a project of the Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE).
Project Description: The Digital Infrastructure and Capacity Support pilot project is a collaboration between Long Beach Rising!, The California Endowment and California State University, Long Beach. The project strives to do an assessment of existing digital organizing infrastructure Long Beach organizations have with the goal of identifying digital tools and resources that can help scale-up organizational capacity to organize during this unprecedented time.
- Provide technical assistance around the implementation of digital technology with key organizational stakeholders. This includes helping to troubleshoot basic digital literacy issues with stakeholder networks, to helping create plans around digitizing and centralizing lists, to also setting up access to tools like MailChimp, Zoom, or Action Network.
- Develop training modules and materials for stakeholder networks to improve their campaign organizing and mobilization efforts. This could take the form of individualized or group training.
- Monitor the collection of evaluative data on the progress of tool implementation. This involves ensuring project participants complete the pre and post survey instruments, as well as track implementation of digital tools.
- Competency in digital organizing tools and strategy: Specific experience with Google Suite, Zoom, Texting/SMS Programs, Action Network, MailChimp and others are preferred.
- Cultural competency and social justice values/work experience: A strong commitment to racial and economic justice and the labor movement; cultural humility and mindfulness; knowledge of digital technology and community organizing; fluency in Spanish or Tagalog is ideal.
- Familiarity or experience with grassroots community organizing: Experience doing community and/or labor organizing, experience working with diverse communities (especially Black and/or Latinx communities) and in multi-generational settings,
- Working as a leader within a team: Ability to work independently and collectively within a team, well organized, think proactively, possession of strong interpersonal communication skills, and emotional intelligence.
Terms of employment:
LAANE’s salary and benefits standards are competitive. This is a 9 month assignment to provide support in implementing the digital tools for the different organizations. The salary is prorated at 9 months to a total of approximately $46,800. Full family health benefits, 401(k), generous time off, subsidized Transit Access Pass, commitment to work/life balance, parking. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
Our intention is for this position to begin in the middle of October. Interviews will begin at the end of September 2021. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “LB Digital Organizer” in the subject line of the email. Materials will be accepted until this role is filled. The priority deadline for our initial review of materials will be September 24th. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
LAANE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE (AND ESPECIALLY WOMEN) OF COLOR, WOMEN, AND LGBTQ CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Currently, for staff, indoor events or activities are opt-in, while outdoor events or activities are opt-out. Remote work is an option for all staff. There will be a likelihood of in-person engagement. Those activities will be coordinated with the Project Director and adhere to strict COVID health protocols.