*Please note that LAANE staff are currently working remotely from home. Our organization will commence limited in-person activities beginning August 15, 2021. LAANE will ensure the safest working conditions and environment for all of our staff when the appropriate time comes.*
Founded in 1993, LAANE is a leading advocacy organization dedicated to building a new economy for all – with a focus on women, low-income communities, and people of color. Combining dynamic research, innovative public policy, and deep coalition organizing, LAANE promotes an economic approach based on good jobs, thriving communities, and a healthy environment. Our work has included raising the minimum wage in 5 L.A. cities, overhauling our waste and recycling system to hold corporations accountable, and creating good, green jobs at LADWP. For more information about our work, visit www.laane.org.
LAANE is seeking a motivated, personable, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to social justice, to join the development team as a full-time Development Associate and help with strategy, implementation and maintenance of its private fundraising program. LAANE’s development team is responsible for fundraising over $1.3 million annually in unrestricted funds to support LAANE’s work. This is a great opportunity to join an expert and creative team of development strategists. The Development Associate works closely with a team of three and reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Identifying, sustaining and cultivating prospective and current donors
- Working closely with the organization’s leadership and Advisory Board Members to develop cultivation plans
- Managing and organizing all aspects of fundraising events
- Managing collaborative projects with various organization departments
- Providing accurate and timely fundraising reports
- Overseeing donor database
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years work experience preferred
- Alignment with the LAANE organizational values
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, communications, problem-solving, and computer skills
- Proactive, motivated self-starter who thrives in a team setting
- Able to work cross-functionally with various teams to meet department goals
- Ability to build deep and genuine relationships with various stakeholders, and a comfort level with a wide variety of sectors that make up the world of fundraising, including the world of philanthropy
- Positive attitude, curiosity, and flexibility
- Fearless, strategic, and innovative approach to marketing LAANE’s work and the team brand, and to coming up with new ways to network and fundraise
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail, in order to assist the team with year-long fundraising campaigns
- Experience in donor cultivation and fundraising
- Experience with technology platforms, including WordPress, donor database management (CIVI CRM) and email marketing applications (Mailchimp)
- Past project management experience
- Past live event production experience
- Fundraising certification a plus
Please note this job description provides an overview of the position but is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week with some nights and weekends. Starting salary is $58,240 with generous benefits, including covering full health benefit premiums (health and dental), time off, and a 401k plan with an employer contribution. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email cover letter, resume and at least three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Include “Development Associate” and full name in the subject line.
LAANE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, LGBTQ PEOPLE, AND BLACK, INDIGENOUS, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.