The Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE) has been in the forefront of the economic justice movement in L.A. since 1993. LAANE is known for its broad-based labor/community coalitions and its combination of organizing, research, communications, and policy development building on a long record of successful campaigns for progressive policies that benefit low-wage workers and low-income communities. For more information about our work, visit www.laane.org.
LAANE is seeking a motivated, organized, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to social justice, to help our operations and programs be as effective as possible. LAANE sees the Admin/Operations and Executive Assistant role making sure everything runs smoothly and providing critical support to make it easy for staff to do their jobs. This person will be a thought partner in implementing efficient and user-friendly systems. The Admin/Operations and Executive Assistant reports directly to the Finance and Administration Director.
- Administrative Support (65%): Manage all phone and email general inquiries; Handle mail; All vendor relationships; Travel arrangements for staff.
- Event Planning & Management: Support all logistics involved in organizing meetings and events.
- Technology Support: Manage the maintenance and coordinate the use of computer and office technology/equipment (ex; coordinate with technology vendors when equipment malfunctions)
- Bookkeeping Support: Oversee and process all bills, checks, invoices and reimbursements (accounts payable and receivable); Process company credit card statements
- Executive Support (35%): Provide clerical, scheduling and travel arrangement support to the Executive Director; Support Board functions, including scheduling, and other assignments as requested.
- Alignment with the LAANE organizational values.
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice.
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Inquisitive approach with an eye to planning for the future
- Detail-oriented self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable supporting technology platforms and hardware – you have a can-do attitude when it comes to technology.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with technology platforms)
- Experience with bookkeeping Quick Books software preferred
This is a full-time hourly position, 40 hours per week. Starting salary $54,000 and generous benefits, including covering full health benefit premiums (health and dental) and a 401k plan with an employer contribution.
This position is available immediately. E-mail cover letter, resume and at least three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response include “Admin/Operations and Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position is open until filled.
LAANE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE (AND ESPECIALLY WOMEN) OF COLOR, WOMEN, AND LGBTQ CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.